Monday, May 12, 2008

I now have a new "Most Embarrassing Moment"

Last Saturday, for Mother's Day, Andrew and Rusty Layton planned a date for me and Melissa. They did a great job and I had tons of fun, but I have to tell you the most memorable part.


While driving home, Andrew and I decided that since Grandma was tending Lynnli, we would take advantage of the alone time we had. It was almost one in the morning so we thought it would be faster to just pull off the freeway instead of going home. We were driving home from Layton and we were around Rose Park, West Valley area. Right off the freeway was an old abandoned building so we pulled in and parked.


Well, right after the pants were off, I saw a car pull up behind us. We saw the cops get out of their car and start walking up both sides of our car, hands on guns and everything. We covered ourselves as best we could and rolled the windows down. As we came into view, the faces of the cops completely changed. I'm sure with our Cadillac, low pro tires and wheels, blacked out windows and all, they were expecting a drug deal about to go down.


The cop on my side teasingly (and somewhat relieved sounding) asked, "Are you guys makin' out?" I honestly answered, "No". With only bunched up pants and my purse to cover ourselves, we were both bright red with humiliation. They then proceeded to ask for our ages and I.D. Andrew was so flustered and embarrassed he handed his whole wallet over.


Once they found out we were married and legal (not by much!), they laughed and asked us to just take it out of their city. Needless to say, the moment was passed so we just got Lynnli and went home to bed. I'm sure we gave the cops a great story though.





And as always, here are more pictures of our little princess! This is one of our favorite pictures!



The Binky looks so big in her mouth!




She sleeps so peacefully!



She covers her face a lot when she sleeps.



This picture was taken right after she woke up and on my phone, so it is pretty pixely. She is staring to smile at us and this is the closest to catching one of them we've gotten. By the way, she had beautiful dimples!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That is a GREAT story!!

Lynnli Justine