Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My new job



Not all of you know, I have recently started a new job. now let me tell you, this has got to be one of the best jobs in the world. My amazing sister Candice got it for me. It is at Lifetime Fitness in the child center. I get to go and play with kids all day and get paid for it. Plus I get a free membership to the Gym and I can take my kiddos to work with me. How fantastic is that? Lynnli absolutely loves it and has a great big list of friends she always talks to. Her favorites, Lance, Caleb, Noah, Bridger, and Easton. That is right, she is a total boy chaser! Andrew is a little more worried now, but it is all just friendly right now. And I think it is pretty cute.

Today, we had a big paper airplane contest. There were about 20-25 kids and we all made our own paper airplane (some were very interesting to say the least). We stood in a big line on the wall and let them go! It was so fun!

The toddlers all like to watch Yo Gabba Gabba (can't stand that show). It keeps them very entertained and they get along much better that way. It's worth the headache you get from the show to keep the little ones happy without their moms there.

While we were leaving today, Lynnli's favorite teacher, (as the kids call us) Caity, walked past us and gave Lynnli a cute little mini cupcake. Lynnli gobbled it up and then ate mine too! haha She loves Caity and now she loves her even more. She has been talking about the "cake from Caity" all day!

I am so glad I work with so many great people there (*almost everyone) and they are all so nice to Lynnli! I am getting some great stories from that place. I will post two of my favorites to end my post for today.

There is a little boy named Isaiah who is about 9 I think. His dad is a personal trainer at the gym so he is there a lot. He is have black and a super cute and fun little boy (he says I am his favorite teacher). He always plays and has a great time. A couple days ago I was cleaning some toys and I over heard a group of kids talking about him. They weren't being mean so I just listened. He came walking by and they stopped him to ask the funniest question ever!
"Isaiah, we were wondering if your dad is Chris Brown?"
I almost burst out laughing! He said no and didn't know why they would think that. Welcome to the white population state of Utah!



We have a rule in the child center that kids are not allowed to pick up or hold another kid, even if they are siblings. And there are little rooms all over the child center for different ages and stuff and there are only half walls (with granite tops) so we can still see everyone. This gets really frustrating to the older kids that arent quite tall enough to see over and who want to check on their younger siblings. For example, a little girl, we'll call her Sally, wanted to see how her baby brother was doing so she asked a bigger girl, we'll call her Jill, to hold her up so she can see her. We kept getting after Jill for picking up Sally but she kept doing it. Finally, the supervisor went up to Jill and said,
"You can't keep picking her up. What is you slipped and dropped her and she hit her mouth on the top and all her teeth got knocked out? Wouldn't you feel bad? I know I would."
Jill nodded and put Sally down but you could see she was in deep thought. Then she replied,
"Well, If all her teeth came out she could put them under her pillow and get a lot of money. So she probably wouldn't care."



Haha! The things kids think of.

7 comments:

The Noble's said...

HA, HA, HA, HA!!!! That's hilarious! Oh my heck! Those kids sounds awesome!

I'm glad that you love it there so much! It makes working a lot easier I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

So fun you are working there and fun for the kids! My kids always looked forward to you coming to babysit them back in the day!

Marci Nielsen said...

Oh it makes it easier for sure! Andrew is trying to get a job in a different part of the gym right now. It is such a fun place to work and everyone is so great there.

And I loved babysitting your kids Hiroko. They were so fun and cute! I remember making forts with them. haha

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tarah Peacock said...

Okay, that Chris Brown story was hilarious!

Tarah Peacock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Lynnli Justine